Sunday, August 31, 2008

The craziest week of my life.




On Monday, I was on bed rest watching tv and reading books to my kids. On Tuesday, I had a doctors appointment and we found out I was leaking amniotic fluid, so he sent me to Good Samaritan Hospital to meet with the PPA Doctors because I was only 21 weeks 6 days pregnant. The PPA Doctors are some of the best in the country, so I felt that there was still a chance. That evening they did a amniocentesis and found out there was 4 out of 5 bacteria present in my fluid. They said there was no way baby Trevee would make it. They induced labor on Wednesday and after hours of labor, our beautiful 14.8 oz baby girl was born. She was not breathing, but she was perfect. She had 2 ears, 10 fingers, 10 toes, and a nose resembling Oaklee's. We got to hold her sweet body for as long as we wanted. They dressed her in a beautiful white dress and a hat that Brian said looked like Marge Simpson. She was so beautiful. They had to take me to surgery because I had lost a lot of blood and they could not get the bleeding to stop. Brian, My mom, Brian's mom, My Greg and Nancy, and Rich were all there to hold my sweet angel. After a blood transfusion on Thursday, my color started to come back a little and they let me go home on Friday. We buried Trevee Sue Barry at the Mesa cemetery on Saturday morning. WHEEW!!


I am sad. I figure I will be sad for quite a while, but I feel so blessed as well. Brian and I were able to give Trevee her body. Our loving Heavenly Father trusted us to be her means to Earth. She was here. She was beautiful and I am so thankful to have her in my family. The kids are taking it well. They ask questions and say funny things. They love Trevee and say that they miss her. GoGo made them baby Trevee books with some of the more covered pictures so they could look at her anytime they want. We have a box of her clothes and they can see how small they were. They love that and I think it gives them comfort. She will always be with them. I am so thankful for the plan of salvation and the knowledge I have about life and death. I am so thankful for all of my friends and family and even strangers for their service, love, and prayers. I am sure lots of blogs are still to come as my heart and mind absorb more. I love you all, and Thank You. Just click on the pictures to see them up close.




- Scottee Lyn

8 comments:

Tara said...

What a beautiful post of your sweet baby. We love you and are here for you.

Matt and Melissa said...

You are a great family. It must be hard on all of you right now. I wish we could be nearby to help out more. We are thinking of you. It sounds like your handling it well.

Keep up the posting!

Camden said...

You are such a strong and loving family. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Mandi (Brown) Carpenter

Unknown said...

I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and sending love your way. Thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony and your story.

Lacie said...

I have been so touched by you and your family. The spirit had been so strong for me reading Brenda's, Anya's and your blog about your baby. I just found your blog today and I think you are a wonderful person. I have been praying and will continue to pray for you as you go through this trying time in your life.

Jay and Susann Barry's Daughter... Lacie

Connie said...

Dear Brian & Scottee,

What a precious baby girl you have been blessed with! The Lord knew you could handle the heartache and look forward with faith to your family reunion in heaven. My testimony of the plan of salvation has been strengthened because of your wonderful example. Thanks for sharing a very special and intimate part of your family with all of us. We love your family so much and remember the happy times with much fondness. We pray for your peace and comfort at this difficult time in your life. With much love...Steve & Connie Ault

The McLaws Family said...

You are a truly courageous person. We have been praying for your family and am so glad to know that Heavenly Father has been watching over you guys. Thank you for your wonderful example and testimony. Love you.

Lori said...

Oh Scottee...she is beautiful...I wish I was there for you and your family. Your testimony and faith strengthens mine. I am praying for you and your precious family.