Thursday, July 22, 2010

Our Little Sand Paper Girl:(

She may not look like it, but Oaklee is sick:(
I took her to the doctor on Tuesday with a sore throat and a fever. I thought she had strep, but the culture came back negative.
I took her today for her well check and the doctor said that the rash she developed Tuesday night was
Scarlet Fever!!
Yeah, I didn't know what it was, I just knew it was not good.
Turns out it is basically strep throat with a rash. If you don't treat it quickly, it can go to the heart and kill you!! Yeah, I am so thankful that we live in an age where we have antibiotics and good doctors to help my cutie patootie.
If you look close, you can see the rash all over her torso. It feels like sandpaper and she itches it like crazy. She should be non-infectious by Saturday morning.
Oh, and she was 41 inches tall and weighed 41 pounds:)
She was in the 38% for weight and the 2.5% for height.
She is short and sassy.
We love our little disease carrying girl.

2 comments:

Allison Barry said...

2.5% for height. Oh Oaklee.

john and brenda said...

She's taking after her cute GoGO!!!