Friday, July 16, 2010

"That Counter"

Am I the only one?
I often wonder this when I see "That Counter" in my house.
You know the one... The one that everything "I think I need to keep, but will never find, but what if I need a place to stick this" ends up!
I think I have had a drawer/ cupboard/ counter top of these kinds of things in each of the houses that I have lived in.
Why do I do this?
Why do builders "build in" these nooks and crannies for my crap?
This is a new house! A new start!
I will not have "that counter" in this house... at least I can try:)

1 comment:

john and brenda said...

Trying is important!! :) Get containers -even shoeboxes will do. Have a little file handy right where you open the mail or where the kids 'treasures' from school go. A file for each darling child works best. School info, correspondance-directories, coupons...whhatever you stash on a regular basis on 'that counter' You know me, I can't pass up an opportunity to 'help' with organization!