Saturday, October 9, 2010

Coming Up For Air!

What a crazy month!

It all started with Brian!! hehe Not really, but Brian got Bronchitis. He coughed horribly and had to get on antibiotics, steroids and a new inhaler. Right after that, I got a sinus infection and got what we can only assume was a bug bite on my boob. Yeah, at the emergency room, my sister in law, Nancy, teased me that I showed my boob to the Janitor because I saw 2 doctors (I hope it was not the Janitor!) They put me on 2 antibiotics- 1 sulfa and 1 other one to treat me for Mersa, just in case.

Two days later, Oaklee celebrated her sixth birthday. Not good timing for a swim party since neither Brian or I could be in the sun because of our antibiotics, but what can you do? She had so much fun. She invited her whole class to her party.
Happy Birthday, Baby!


The next week, Jaxson got his tonsils out. So Sad! I hate when they get this done, but Barrys and Pages both have ginormous tonsils and adenoids, so sleep apnea is bound to happen. Better to do it now and get it over with. Jaxson was given liquid codeine for the pain and Amoxacillin.
 The morning of the surgery. He HATED his gown. It was for girls!


I gave him his codeine and accidentally licked my finger (like all moms do). Did I mention I am allergic to codeine? Oh yeah! and now we found out that I am also allergic to Sulfa drugs as well. The lick of codeine swelled my tongue and brought out the reaction to the sulfa drugs that were in my system. I went to Walmart to buy some cream. When I asked the pharmacist which one I should get, he took a step back (like hives can fly!) and told me to go directly to the hospital for steroids. I had to go back into the emergency room covered in hives. I got steroids and after a couple of days I felt better. Then I got thrush in my mouth from all of the antibiotics and steroids. I went to the doctor and she gave me Nystatin. I have a whole new respect for babies when we put that nasty stuff in their mouths. GROSS!
This is a picture of my arm on the way to the hospital. My WHOLE BODY looked like this! OUCH!

There is more!!!

Jaxson came and told me he was itchy... sure enough, Jaxson was covered in hives, too. He is allergic to Amoxacillin!

(He won't let me put the picture on here because it shows his underwear!)

Two days later, Oaklee woke up with a temp of 103.3! GRRRR Took her to the doctor and sure enough, after paying the copay, she felt just fine! 

PHHEW!! $600, 3 weeks later, I am finally coming up for air. I am so thankful that my family is finally healthy. Now winter is coming :( On to some fun stuff!

4 comments:

Allison Barry said...

How cute Jaxson looks in his girlie gown!!!

The McLaws Family said...

OH MY GOODNESS, your poor family. I guess things can only go up from here, right?

john and brenda said...

Time for a healthy break! Hope it lasts a long, long time!

Adam and Anya said...

That sounds rotten. We haven't heard from you guys in a while! Glad things are getting better.