Monday, October 11, 2010

In My Spare Time...

This is what I have been up to this week!
My friend is letting me trade piano lessons for painting her daughter's room!
I am totally getting the better end of the deal.
I love to paint! It makes me relaxed and happy.

Her daughter wanted green, orange, and brown for her colors.
At first, I was a little unsure of the colors, but my friend already had the 2 foot orange strip painted all the way around the room, so all I had to do was make the design inspired by her fabric.
(I painted the scrolly things in brown)
She found a green fabric with these scrolly things on it, so I created a template of said scrolly things and put them into the 2 foot orange space.
I put the girl's initials into the scrolly things by their beds.
All in all, I think it turned out great!
It took a lot of time, but it looks great.
I will post more pictures when the room is complete with bedding and all:)
Notice the green scrolls in the brown... totally not planned, but inspired to perfection:)

3 comments:

Audra said...

Ry loves it! YOU really were inspired and did a great job!

Allison Barry said...

I am impressed, Scottee.

john and brenda said...

Looks great! What a fun, creative outlet!