Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Have I made Heavenly Father into a Villan?

I was showing my kids what the new baby looks like this morning on the computer. I said something like, "Hopefully this one can come live with us". To this, Jax replied, "No Box" (this is what they call a coffin). Then Oaklee said, "Yeah, Don't let Heavenly Father get this one. He already has one." Have I taught my kids that Heavenly Father takes people and we are mad about it? When we lost Trevee, Brian told them that Heavenly Father asked if Trevee could live with him and we said yes. Oaklee asked why we said yes. We told her that when Heavenly Father asks, we say yes. This morning made me realize that I need to talk about how grateful I am that Heavenly Father kept Trevee for me. I know that she was meant to come here for a very short time and go back to be with him. I am so excited for another baby to come join our family and I want them to thank Heavenly Father for this, not begrudge him for keeping Trevee.

1 comment:

Nancy Page said...

children are so precious. and your kids say the funniest things. i wouldn't lose sleep Scot. You are great parents and they are so young to really understand. just tell them that Quinn and Baylee needed a cousin to play with, too. Like how they have AftonBKoa. Luv you!!