Monday, January 5, 2009

I am so Blessed!

This weekend was a little sad for me and my family. My 25 year old cousin, Ty, died on Sunday morning. He was not well in the head and took his own life in what we can only assume was a very dark time for him. It makes me sad that some religions believe that if a person commits suicide that they go to hell. What kind of a Heavenly Father would do that to someone? He was sick and I know that Heavenly Father loves him and will continue to have mercy on him. He served a mission for our church in Oregon. He was the Arizona State High School wrestling champion. He was such a nice kid. He was handsome, smart, and well loved. It makes me sad that he is gone because he had so much potential. I will miss him and I ask for all of your prayers for my Aunt, Uncle, and 7 other cousins as they come to terms with the loss of a son, brother, and uncle. I think of how sad I still am over losing Trevee and I did not have 25 years to get to know her. I can't imagine losing one of my kids at that age and I hurt for everyone who has to go through that. I am so blessed to have the kids that I do here with me on Earth. I am so thankful for the opportunity that I had to get to know the real spirit of my cousin. I am thankful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. I know where he is and I know he is safe, loved, and with my sweet baby Trevee.:)

4 comments:

Brooklynn said...

That is terrible! I am so sorry, but scottee, I love how you feel more bad for your family than for yourself.

Becky said...

We'll keep his family in our prayers. Suicide is so tragic. It's comforting to know that he is not suffering anymore. Thank goodness for the gospel.

Adam and Anya said...

Our deep sympathy for the entire family.

Brianne said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you all in my prayers. Also if you could do me a favor and leave a comment on my blog of what mission he served at in Oregon. I served in the Oregon Eugene mission from 2001-2003. When did he serve? Also if you don't mind if he did serve during the same time as me what his name is. Again I am so sorry for your loss.