Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ty's Funeral

My cousin, Tyrel, had his funeral on Saturday in Snowflake. It was a beautiful experience. It was sad to see him as Charlee says "in his box". It did not look like him at all. I guess that is because his sweet spirit was not in his body. It was just his shell. I did not like that part. It was sad to see his friends and family sad, but it seemed that everyone was okay with where he is. My Aunt and Uncle and one of my cousins read from Ty's journal. A week before he killed himself, he wrote something about wanting to die and being ready to go meet his Heavenly Father. He also talked about knowing that his family would be okay because they know the Plan of Salvation. I don't condone taking one's own life. His family does not condone it, either. It was comforting to hear that his sickness made him get to this point. I know that Heavenly Father will forgive my cousin. He was smart... so smart that I think he was a little too analytical and when he got sick, his smarts about the gospel clouded his views. He had a photographic memory. He could play the piano beautifully. He won the Arizona State Wrestling title with a broken finger and a ripped off toenail. I did not know these things before his funeral. I am so grateful that I was able to learn these things. I know he is at peace. I know that he is happy and free from his illness. I am happy for him and for his family. I am so happy that they have faith in the gospel. Without faith, I don't think I could handle some things that the Lord has sent me. I know I would not be having another baby without the faith that the Lord's will will be done. I don't want to lose another baby. I have a fear, but I know that I have constant comfort if I ask for it. I am so grateful for this faith.

2 comments:

john and brenda said...

That's a priceless knowledge Scottee. Guard it and nourish it and it will continue to bring you even more peace and happiness.

Brianne said...

I am so sad for Ty's family.My prayers were and continue to be with his family! We will miss you Ty!