Friday, January 30, 2009

Uncle Greg

My brother, Greg, has been staying with us 3-4 nights a week for the last few weeks. He got a temporary assignment in Cave Creek, but lives in Camp Verde. Staying with us saves him from the commute, but inconveniences him in other ways, I am sure!! The other day, the kids said, "Look new soap". Turns out they used all of Greg's shaving gel all over the bathroom. Greg went to turn on the shower and when he got in, there was a box of taco shells in the tub... oops! He got a kick out of family prayer when the other night during the prayer, a small voice from behind the recliner (Oaklee) started to sing "Mama Mia, here i go again, my my, how can I resist ya". Yeah, it took all we had to not stop the prayer and laugh. They play on his bed while he is at work and get so excited when he gets home. Yesterday he brought his "Flame thrower" to burn the weeds in my yard (he is a licensed forest fire fighter:)). Jaxson kept saying, "No light my house, Greg!". I am so glad they are having fun with him. I am sure he is happy to go home at the end of the week and join in his own family's craziness.

Charlee, Oaklee, and Brian checking out the flames.

My brother, Pyro Greg.

1 comment:

Nancy Page said...

That's funny. Greg says, Pyro Greg, huh, and laughs. He also said that he appreciates all you do to make him feel comfortable and welcome. We love you guys!