Saturday, June 12, 2010

I Love Summer!!

Okay, I will update everyone on our summer so far.

It has been so awesome!

On the last day of school, Charlee got awards at the assembly. She also got 2nd place in the 1st and 2nd grade spelling bee. Way to go Charlee! Since Summer has started, there has been many ups and downs. She loves to learn. She has been working on her cursive handwriting. She has been making breakfast for Jax and O every morning while I sleep in:)

Mom, Dad, and Charlee at the spelling bee.

She spelled 4th grade, 3rd quarter words. She is so smart!!

Oaklee performed in the Kindergarten's end of the year program. It was a tribute to America. I almost cried, it was so fabulous. My favorite part was when Oaklee stuck her cute little head through the hole in Mt. Rushmore and had to stand on her tip toes to reach the microphone. This Summer has been a relaxing time for Oaklee. She eats, sleeps, and swims... what a life. She is reading so well and still cracks me up daily.


She was so cute at the presentation.


Jaxson had Preschool Graduation. I am so glad he has another year in preschool... he needs it:) Mostly because of me, so I am trying to make up for it. He wore a sweet little graduation hat and wants to be a builder of Buzz and Woody toys when he grows up. He went to swim lessons for the second session this past week. He kicks like he is riding a bike, but he is getting better, thanks to Aunt Nancy's stellar teaching skills.

Jaxson with Ms. Loreen and Ms. Carolyn at graduation.

Jaxson and Aunt Nancy swimming around:)... kind of??

I have been so busy this summer. Between Swim lessons, school lessons, and packing to move next week, I have been a little crazy. I have enjoyed it so much. I decided at the beginning of the summer that I was going to improve my kid's brains every day:) Each of them has to read a book, do their letters and phonograms, do one or 3 sheets of math, and handwriting. It take me about 1.5 hours to get it done, but it has been so much fun. We do science experiments and I love to watch them grow and learn. I have the time:) It is summer!

Brian went to Scout Camp this week at Lake Powell. I think he is having fun... He gets reception, but I only get to talk to him once a day. I am so glad he will be coming home tonight. I have missed him so much. He is my BFF, after all.
I will do my best to update... we will see:)

2 comments:

Audra said...

Glad for the update. Keep the blogs coming!

john and brenda said...

I am so glad to see you blogging again! Thanks!