Saturday, May 30, 2009

I Love The Temple

When I have a big decision to make, I like to go to the temple and ponder my question. I find it is easier to feel guidance from the Lord if I am in the quiet, lovely temple. I am scheduled to have surgery on Tuesday to have my tubes tied. I was not so sure of this decision. It tears me apart to think that there will be no more Barry babies, but I know that my body is not meant for having kids. In the temple with Brian, I realized that I have 3 beautiful children here as well as 2 little angels waiting for me in heaven. In our church, we believe that we have life before and after this life. We believe that we chose to come to this earth and have the challenges here to prove ourselves. Losing my babies was just another challenge and I am thankful for it. We believe that after we leave this earth, we will have a chance to learn and grow more. I will raise my sweet babies then. I will be able to add to my family then. People who can not have children in this life will be blessed to have children then, too. This is just what I believe. I do not think I could make the choice to end my child bearing options or live through a day without Journee or Trevee if I did not have faith in these principals. So, on to the doctor on Tuesday. I am most worried about not being able to eat for 8 hours. I get very grouchy if food is withheld from me.

4 comments:

john and brenda said...

With your faith it will turn out perfect!

Angie said...

Good luck on Tuesday. We'll be thinking about you!!

Nancy Page said...

Scottee,
Good luck. You'll be fine and I'm so glad to hear that you took this decision to the temple and can feel peace from it. You are a very special woman. Luv you!

Allison Barry said...

i left you a message wondering if this was happening today, but why didn't i think to check your blog?? i am praying for you.