Friday, December 12, 2008

First Born Memories

I stole this from my friend, Becky's blog. I did not get tagged, but I thought it would be good to get down what I felt while I could remember it. I would advise my friends to do the same. It is kind of fun!!
1. Were you married at the time? YES!
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? I asked Brian if he wanted to have a baby and he said yes. I said, good because I am pregnant!!
3. How old were you? 22 yrs.
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? 2 tests and a doctors visit
5. Who did you tell first? My husband and then my mom.
6. Did you want to find out the sex? I am so inpatient. We found out at 16 weeks. I just could not stand to not know!!
7. What was your due date? June 10th... I think!!
8. Did you deliver early or late? 4 weeks early
9. Did you have morning sickness? Oh, yes!! I had to get an IV for dehydration. I took Phenergan until the day she was born!!
10. What did you crave? Bagels. I had "Hot Bagels" at least once a day. Brian would joke that that appeared more on our bank statement than anything else. I loved Salt bagels!!
11. Who irritated you the most? Brian!! I know, but I could not stand if he breathed on me. I told him... He knew it... He accepted it and loved me anyways... Without breathing on me:)
12. What was your first child's sex? GIRL
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout your pregnancy? 40 pounds or so??
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Pre-term labor and she tilted her head coming down the birth canal and got stuck. After pushing for 2 1/2 hours, we had a C-Section!!
15. Where did you give birth? Arrowhead Hospital in Glendale, AZ
16. How many hours were you in labor? Can you be in labor for weeks?? I did 4 weeks of bedrest to keep the labor calm. I got up at 35 weeks and had to walk around for a week before she came out. I went into the hospital at 1pm for an amnio and had Charlee at 1:27 am!!
17. Who drove you to the hospital? Brian and my Mom
18. Who was in the delivery room? Brian, my Mom, Brian's Mom, a bunch of nurses, and Dr. Erickson:). (I love him!!) For the C-Section, just Brian came.
19. natural or c-section? C-Section
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Heck yes!! Heavenly Father created epidurals with me in mind!! Who goes to the dentist and does not get Novocain??
21. How much did your child weigh? 7 lbs 7 oz
22. What did you name him/her? Charlee Maxine Barry
23. How old is your first born today? 5 years old

Answering these questions brought back some fun memories. It also shows me that Charlee was just as stubborn them as she is now, but hey, So am I!! Enjoy my funny pictures!!Cute Charlee

Not Cute me in labor!!

Holy COW!! Check out the shadow. Yeah, I was sooo fat!!

5 comments:

Tara said...

That was fun to read. You really did have quite the prego belly. Fat is definitely not the word I would use though :) You look very cute.

john and brenda said...

Great blog! Doesn't it just feel like yesterday when you were holding that sweet little stubborn girl in your arms for the first time. I am happy she came to our family.

Allison Barry said...

I loved this post!!! WHat dark hair she had! I loved your novocaine comment, too. i totally agree. and i also have a crush on dr. erickson. what a guy. (i'm allowed to say that because Devin has a crush on him too)

Becky said...

Glad you considered yourself tagged. That was fun to read.

Adam and Anya said...

These are wonderful memories! You're a champ!