Saturday, December 13, 2008

"Santa's Good List"- The world according to Charlee

These past few weeks, a new threat has emerged courtesy of Brian. "If you do/ don't do that, you won't be on Santa's good list!!"
Charlee wanted to go to Sonic the other day after school. I told her no half a dozen times and told her to stop asking!! She told me,
"You are the meanest mom ever! Stop making me have to be on the Naughty List. You are not going to get any presents if you don't do what I tell you!".
Hmmm. As a mom, how should you react to such nice pleasantries from your 5 year old??
I laughed.
I called and told Brian and Nancy about it while laughing.
They laughed, so I don't think my reaction was so off.
How do I make her be on the naughty list? What a little temper she has.
I know I can't be the worst Mom EVER!! I already picked out my own presents, so I know Brian will give me those. So her whole argument goes out the window.
This is just a peek into the world according to Charlee!!

3 comments:

john and brenda said...

I guess she is going to have to have the facts-of-life lesson...Dear Charlee, you are responsible for your own naughtiness! No one can MAKE you be naughty, it is your own choice. You choose to be mad and you choose not to obey and that is how you get on the naughty list!!! There is always a way to get off the naughty list and that is to repent-say you are sorry and try harder to do good. AMEN!

Becky said...

Okay...but THAT was funny. :)

Adam and Anya said...

Sonic has that effect on us all. Especially their tater tots.