Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Rock!!

I made the mistake of ordering a 40 pound box of apples the week before the Fairytale Festival. Luckily, they all stayed good and today, I learned a new skill. I made homemade apple pie filling. I made 14 jars and still have more than 1/2 a box of apples left. My sister in law gave me an applesauce recipe that I am going to try with the other half of the box. I am so proud of myself. Brian asked if it would be cheaper to buy applesauce at the store. I told him to leave me alone and carry the 40 pound box of apples:) I know he will be excited about the yummy apple pie filling with his ice cream. I decided that my favorite part of canning is hearing the little "POP" when the lids seal. It is such a satisfying noise. I realize I need to get a life, but hey,my house sure smells good!!

3 comments:

Nancy Page said...

You do rock! That's awesome! and that is a life, We are GREAT stay at home moms who can and our husbands are lucky to have us. :)

Nancy Page said...

They look so pretty! :) I know i'm a nerd!

john and brenda said...

That is impressive! You are a good Molly Mormon! (And proud of it!)