Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Love My Life

I have such a great life! I think sometimes I forget to be grateful for what I have and focus on what I want or the bad things in life. My kids are all healthy. This is huge. I see parents suffer as their children suffer and I am so glad and thankful I don't have to watch my kids suffer. My husband has a good job. In this day and age, this is a huge deal. It may be a hard job at times, but he has one which allows me to stay home and be a mom to my fabulous children. I am grateful for my extended family. I don't know what I would do if all of my family was not so close. Too close sometimes, but I will tale that trade any day. I always tease that we host the Barry Hotel here because people are always coming, going, and staying. In church last Sunday, we were asked to write down the 5 most important things in our lives. Of course I was wrong, but when I heard the top 5, I realized that that really was my order. Here they are:
1. The Atonement. Without it, we would ALL be lost.
2. My relationship with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
3. My Family.
4. Temporal Security.
5. Being Prepared (I added this one on my list because I need to try my best to be prepared if my family needed it. Can you imagine seeing your kids go hungry?)
I am so blessed. I love my life. I love my friends, family, and future family (wink wink, Linguini).

2 comments:

Nancy Page said...

Can I get a mint on my pillow when I come to stay?

john and brenda said...

Do you know how refreshing and uplifting it was to read that blog!!! You are right, the more we focus on the good, the more good we see!