Friday, April 24, 2009

Journee LaBelle Barry

Sweet Baby Journee is here. Small but perfect!!
This is Journee with Brian's wedding ring up her arm.




A little update on our last crazy couple of days with our sweet Journee. Everything looked great in our ultrasound on Wednesday morning at the Perinatologist. She looked great in the ultrasound and my cervix was closed and 2.5 inches long. At about nine that night, I started bleeding and Brian took me to the hospital. They gave us less that a 1% chance that I could make it to 24 weeks (The earliest okay gestation). Brian and I did not want to make that choice. When I got up to the bathroom, my water broke and the decision was made for us. We are both so grateful that this happened. We had to wait until there was no heartbeat before we could induce labor. She had a heartbeat on Thursday morning, but about 3:00 she was gone. A couple of hours later, she was born on Thursday, April 23rd at 5:10 pm.. She was so beautiful and perfect. We got to hold her and dress her. She weighed 8 ounces and was 8.25 inches long. We are okay. The kids are handling it great. I am sure we will be sad for a little while, but we are looking at the silver lining. Journee is with her sister Trevee and her cousins Quinn and Baylee. Charlee, Oaklee and Jaxson have each other and Trevee and Journee have each other. Jaxson says that Journee lives with Jesus and I agree. He is such a smart boy!! Thank you to all of my friends and family who have been so involved and supportive in this pregnancy. We love you so much.

16 comments:

Cindy said...

We are sorry for your loss. We can't imagine what you are going through, but we thank you for sharing your understanding of the plan with us, because we know it is true and it gets us through. Your family is in our prayers.
Love, The Winters

Pam said...

Sending love and prayers.
Pam

Carla said...

My love and prayers go out to you and your family. You have strengthened my testimony by seeing how much faith you have. Thank you and may that faith continue to keep you strong.

Mrs. Nettles said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I am always checking up on you and your cute family. I am strengthened by your testimony and courage. Our prayers will be with you. The nettles family

Jen said...

Your family is so strong. I am so sorry about what happened and we have all been hoping for you to make it to 36 wks. We wish you the best and our prayers are with you.

The Glenns said...

Scottee, it's so strange...that night I was up until about 3am, reading all your old posts. I was so excited for you and it seemed like Journee was going to make it. I am so sorry for you, and I don't really understand. You are in our prayers.

MLRTYME FAMILY said...

I was heartbroken when I found out Scottee. I am so sorry. Your strength and courage is beyond comprehension. Please let me know if you need anything!

Julianne said...

I am so sorry. You are so strong even though I'm sure there will be times that you feel like you are not or maybe that you dont want to be. Hang in there and please know that we are all here for you. You have a beautiful family here on Earth and in Heaven. Thank you for being such a good example.

Love,
Julianne

Jason and Danielle said...

Scotee, I just wanted to tell you that you have a beautiful family and I enjoyed spending time with your children. We are so sorry for your loss and wish you all the best.

Love,
Danielle

Bryan said...

Brian and Scottee (and kids),

We're thinking of you in Seattle and send our condolences.

With Love,
The Comstock's

Melissa and Matt said...

We are so sorry to hear of your loss. I'm amazed by how you and your family are handling it and being so strong. You can tell the Spirit is with you and guiding you. We will be thinking and praying for you. I wish I could be closer to help out a little too. Melissa and Matt

Joe and Dawn said...

Scottee are such a strong person and always find the silver lining in things. Thanks for being such a great example. We love you and are thinking of you.
~The Hansens~

Unknown said...

Lots of love and prayers sent your way.

TnAHurst said...

Scottee I'm soo sorry! I'm Nancy's siter in law and I truely believe that EVERYTHING happens for a reason and though we may not know why these things happen all will be revealed in time. I love you and I pray you'll feel the comfort of angels and the Holy Spirit around you!

Anonymous said...

We will be thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers...

springmeus said...

I am just a friend of a friend, but I wanted to tell you that you are the strongest woman I know and set an example of courage for all of us to follow.