Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Journee's Burial

We buried Journee this morning right next to her sister, Trevee.
My brother, Greg made me and Journee both beautiful leis. My friend, Torrye made a beautiful flower arrangement for the top of her casket.
Charlee and Oaklee sang "I Am A Child of God". They did such a good job.
My mom's friend, Sue, made a beautiful little papoose dress for her to be buried in. I am so grateful that she gave us such a precious gift.
This is a picture of our family with the casket. Oaklee's head looks like it is popping out of the casket like a magic trick. A little spooky if you ask me:)
Our cute kids with their sister. Trevee is buried just to the left of the picture. The cemetery sells parent plots on the next row so people can be buried by their kids. Brian and I are going to be buried there. Brian's dad thinks he and Brenda will be buried there as well. It is a beautiful place where the bodies of my two sweet angels are buried. It was such a beautiful service. I am so thankful to all of my family and friends for their love and support. When we got home, my friends from the Relief Society brought in great food and we felt the love from them. Thank you to all of you. I love you and appreciate all of your help.

6 comments:

Audra said...

beautiful pictures of a solemn occasion

Your family is amazing!

john and brenda said...

It couldn't have been better, well maybe that horn honking on the car through the prayer could have been deleted! It was a beautiful day and the spirit was there.

The McLaws Family said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, it looks like it was a beautiful service.

Pam said...

What a beautiful little family.

Allison Barry said...

we love you so much. and yes, it was a perfect service. i can't believe how at peace the feeling was there. i love our family so much!

Aubry said...

Hi Scottee -
This is Aubry, Mike and DeAnne Holt's daughter. I occasionally check on your blog after looking at Jen & Jason's. I hope you don't mind.
I just want you to know that I think your faith and strength is amazing with all that you and your family have been through in such a short time. It really is such a blessing to know we will see our loved ones again on the other side.
You have a beautiful family!