Saturday, November 8, 2008

Our Invention!!

So, last year, Oaklee fell out of the grocery cart and landed on her head. It scarred me to death!! I came up with this invention in my head that night and I asked my mom to make me one. Brian thought it was a good idea, so we patented our invention and named it the sit-n-safe. We took it to the PBS show Everyday Edisons in March and they picked us as a finalist. Well, that meant pretty much nothing, but we were in the top 3% of inventions. After all was said and done with the show, we still need to find a buyer for our product. It is way cool, though. It is an additional seat in the shopping cart. Jaxson always asks to sit in the red seat. It is just nice to not have to yell "Sit Down" the entire time we are in the store. Well, I just thought my peeps would be interested in my invention. I always tease Brian that "when my invention takes off we can..." then I put some outrageous thing at the end of the sentence, but who know?? I guess we will have to wait to see.:) Cute Model, huh??

5 comments:

Carla said...

Very cool!

Brianne said...

Nice thinking!

Mindy said...

so all that waiting and nothing happened? I hope someone takes it on! I would buy one.

Angie said...

I love it!! I would totally buy one. You should sell them on your blog!

Adam and Anya said...

You never showed us the PBS show. Did it broadcast??

Oaklee is so cute.