Monday, September 22, 2008

Date Night with Dad!!


Brian took Charlee on a date tonight. They went to Walmart (I know, Hot Date!!). She had $8.75 that she had earned over the weeks and it has been burning a hole in her pocket. It was hard to convince her to pay her tithing on it. She said that she did not want to give the Bishop her money. We explained that the money went to help build temples and churches and that she needed to pay it. Eventually she gave in and was so excited to fill out the tithing slip all by herself. On the date, Brian took her to the garden section where she said, "Everything in here is lame", so they went to the toy section to make her spending happen. They had a very good time. It is things like spending time with her Dad that she will remember, not the $8.75 that she wasted on nothing. She bought a new pink soccer ball and even has change left over!!

3 comments:

john and brenda said...

I remember my mom taking me to the store and letting me pick out one thing in the candy counter. That was a big deal to me since I was the fourth daughter and she had taken just me to the store! I picked a candy necklace!

Nancy Page said...

Afton paid tithing for the first time on Sunday, too. She made two dollars selling cinnamon rolls at the garage sell. And it's funny to read what you wrote because we told her the same thing. we told her that she is helping to pay for the temple by grandma Randee's and Scottee's house.

Bryan said...

Walmart? B - you always were a smooth one.