Thursday, September 25, 2008

Good Mom Day

Well, I decided to make cookies with my kids today. It was fun!! I don't think I have ever had so much fun making cookies. Usually I tell them not to put their fingers in the dough and yell the whole time and usually end up taking them off the counter crying. This time, Charlee helped by cracking the eggs (try to avoid shells in the cookies). Jaxson dumped the sugars in, and Oaklee ate a lot of dough. I let them put their fingers in it. It was fun instead of stressful. What is so wrong with fingers in the dough? Why had I always been so uptight about it? I think I am just now learning to pick my battles, and the verdict is in... Cookies are not that important. What is important is that my kids are happy and full of dough remembering the fun stuff, not the uptight mom.

4 comments:

john and brenda said...

Scottee you are the best! Keep having fun and building happy memeories that will last through the eternities.

Ande, Bastian, and Dad said...

Funny

Cheryl said...

Amen to that post!! They grow up so fast. Better for their memories to be of an awesome mom who made cookies with them rather than a mom that was stressed out by them making cookies.

Angie said...

I love this. So true. I hope I can remember it when my girls are old enough to "help" make cookies.