Friday, September 5, 2008

Faith in small packages

Last night my faith was strengthened by two special little girls. I went into Charlee and Oaklee's room to find them crying about missing their sister. I hugged them and we cried, but I realized that Trevee would want us to be happy. When Brian got home from the store, He hugged them and Oaklee said "Dad, Can I have a blessing so I won't be sad". Brian and I were taken back and Charlee asked for one, too. They got fathers blessings and both felt better. My mom says that this may happen from time to time and that it is probably healthy to share it instead of bottling it up. Trevee would want us to be happy and I will try to be happy everyday for her.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Scottee...thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I am glad that Anya shared your story with me. I am envious that you have pictures of your precious baby girl, but so happy for you because you will always have those to remember her by. I was not able to deliver naturally because I had placenta previa. They had to surgically remove the baby and I was not allowed to see her afterwards. I sympathize with you in that every day has been really hard. I haven't had a day where I have not cried - but I'm okay with that. I miss my little girl and wish that she too was here. I am so thankful for the gospel and the knowledge that we have...but...it doesn't make it any less painful. Your daughter is beautiful - thank you for sharing your pictures. Love, Becky

john and brenda said...

What amazing girls you are blessed with! I am in awe at the greatness of all of my grandchildren!!!

Mindy said...

that is the sweetest thing asking Brian for a blessing. They are amazing girls. You can really tell why they were saved for the last days.

Brooklynn said...

that is so cute! They are good girls.