Sunday, September 7, 2008

Murmuring...Yea or Neigh?


Laman and Lemuel murmured against Nephi when things got tough, but when they got to their wits end, they quit the murmuring and prayed to our Heavenly Father. Yesterday, I wanted to murmur so badly, but I could not bring myself to do it. I am so blessed and protected that I felt that if I complained, it was like I was telling Heavenly Father that I did not appreciate all of the comfort and care that he gives me. Charlee woke up Friday night 4 times throwing up. Of course it was the fathers and sons camp out, so Brian and Jax were gone. On Saturday morning, she was still throwing up with a high fever and major abdominal pain. We went to the doctor and eventually Phoenix Children's Hospital for possible appendicitis. Yeah, because we had nothing else to do for the entire day. The thing that impressed me most about my friends and family was the immediate help we received. Dan Conner turned around to find Brian and tell him what was going on while he fished, Brenda took Oaklee, and my mom and I took Charlee. I am so grateful to all of them for their help. After an abdominal CT, the doctors thought her appendix had already burst because they could not see it, but they decided to have an ultrasound done just to be sure. The doctor said it was about a 70% shot she would need surgery. During the ultrasound, we found her 4mm, non-inflamed, perfect little appendix and the final report was given....It was GAS!! Yes, Heavenly Father was looking out for us and Brian even made it to the second half of the ASU Football game (Oh yeah, We won!!). So we all need to learn that murmuring sure makes it hard to be grateful for what we do have... oh and there is such a thing as children's Gas X! Love Ya!!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

oh man, that made me worried but now I'm laughing. Charlee is a true Barry. :) I'm glad she's okay. But still that's weird that she was throwing up and had a fever. I didn't know gas was related to that.

Adam and Anya said...

Dang, that's some bad gas.

I'm so glad she didn't need surgery. Just remember Charlee, PASS THAT GAS!

Adam and Anya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

So glad she's OK!

BTW: Totally unrelated note--We're trying to stay somewhat incognito on our blog since it's not private. Would you mind taking our last name off of your friends list and just keeping our first names? Thanks!!

Allison Barry said...

it was GAS?! oh man!!! Devin and I were praying for Charlee on Saturday when we heard. She looks so cute in that picture and little hospital gown.