Friday, September 26, 2008

Topic: Insurance

Well, I got a bill from Good Sam for when I had Trevee. The grand total was $22,143.50. So, here is my question... What do you think the $.50 was for, a band aid??? No, I am sure a band aid is at least $2.00. The good thing is we only owe $250, so no prayers are being requested to protect Brian from a heart attack. I can't find the bill, but I think Jaxson cost around $110k and Oaklee was a little over $100K. I was in the hospital for about a month for each of them, so $22K seems excessive for only 4 days. Well, now I will not complain about our insurance premiums. It sure would stink to be a cash paying patient and have to worry about not wasting that $2.00 band aid or not squeezing out the last 50 cc's of fluid out of a saline bag.

2 comments:

Allison Barry said...

and they said having a child is priceles...

Joe and Dawn said...

The cost of medical care is amazing, isn't it? Thank goodness for insurance. We are also what I call "eternally indebted and grateful" for health insurance. The bill for Joe in the hospital 4 years back was over 400K! Because of insurance we also had to pay just a small portion. Things to be grateful for!