Friday, October 17, 2008

Be Grateful

I am grateful for what I have. I was telling Brenda that I am so grateful that I had Trevee. I am thankful for that whole experience. It reminded me that what is most important is Brian, my kids, my parents, Brian's parents, and all of my brothers and sisters (including my beloved in-laws). Losing Trevee reminded me that these people are what is truly important. My clean house is nice, but not more important than holding one of my kids. Brenda sent me a great talk that Boyd K. Packer gave in a testimony meeting in Utah. He said we all need to be prepared for the catastrophes that are yet to come. Trevee has reminded me that these things are the things that will get me through those times. I think she continues to teach me everyday and in turn, I teach you, my peeps!! jk As President Gordon B. Hinkley said:
Be Grateful, Be Smart, Be Clean, Be True, Be Humble, Be Prayerful.
These things will help us to be prepared and remember what really matters. I love you all!!!

4 comments:

Adam and Anya said...

We are so blessed with fantastic families. I find so much joy in living the gospel. Before joining the church, it was almost impossible to imagine having a happy family life. Now, that happiness is a reality.

Still, the challenges of motherhood aren't easy. But the gospel makes it all worth it.

Allison Barry said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FORGOT TO CALL YOU ON YOUR BIRTHDAY DEAR SCOTTEE!!! I APOLOGIZE!!! I hope it was great. you deserved a great one.

Nancy Page said...

Your testimony has grown in leaps and bounds since Trevee sue came along. (At least as i have noticed) I'm so proud of you and hope you are growing so much from such an experience. i love you, Scottee! Your teastimony helps and I hope that I can share mine more openly as you have.

john and brenda said...

I am so proud of you Scottee. Your gratitude is infectious and helps me to realize how blessed I am also. I consider that one of the nicest things that can be done for me. THank you.