Thursday, October 2, 2008

Random Thoughts Thursday

So, my random thought of the day is about something my dear mom said last night while I was reading Jaxson his goodnight farm book. Why do we teach our kids the animal sounds first??? After Mom, Dad, and food, then we go to Moo or Oink. How often will these words actually come up in everyday conversation for our kids? How often do we use Neigh or Baaa? I know that in the recent past, I have not used these words at all, except for with Jaxson. Charlee who is only 5 has lost all need for these special words. So, why do we as parents put such an emphasis on these words in the first couple years of life?? Just my weird mind at work again.

4 comments:

Nancy Page said...

You're right, but it's so cute to hear our little ones make those silly sounds.

Becky said...

that is the funniest thought - it never occured to me as to why we teach them the animal sounds. Maybe because kids are so drawn to animals? Great question...

john and brenda said...

Maybe because little ones can actually make those sounds?!?

Rich said...

I usually moo when I wake up and bark before bed... that's just me though.

Also, all of us moo at the cows when we drive by. No one feels weird about it either.