Friday, October 10, 2008

The hill is like heaven!!

READ THE NEXT POST FIRST.

Okay, here is another crazy post from Scottee!! So on my walk up the hill today, my mom and I likened it to getting to heaven. It is a hard walk. You will get cramps in your legs and have to pee. People will drive by in their nice cars and think, "Wow, that looks like a lot of work" or "Man, I really need to be doing that, but I don't have time today" or "man, she runs like Phoebe j/k". When we get to the top, there is a sense of accomplishment and I wanted all of my friends and family to be up there with me so they could get the same feeling. When I got to the bottom, I thought I was done and had done all I needed to do, but I had to climb back to the top and down again to get home.
So, this is where I get a little goofy. It is like trying to get to heaven. It is hard. You have to stay on the path so you don't get hit by a car. Others may point and laugh and some may want to do what you are doing, but don't want to put forth the effort. When we make it to heaven, we are going to want to have our family and friends around us and share the experience with them. I want all of you in Heaven with me because it is not fun to be at the top of the hill alone. When we get to the top, we are not done. We need so continue teaching and doing service and try hard until we get to go "Home".

4 comments:

Becky said...

I love analogies like that. Looking forward to seeing all my family and friends there on the other side of the veil!:)

Nancy Page said...

I love that. Good seminary lesson, Scottee.

Brianne said...

well said :)

john and brenda said...

That was great! See ya up there!