Sunday, October 12, 2008

I'm Back!!!

Okay, I went a whole day with no new posts. I know, amazing, huh.
Well, today was our church Primary Program and it was so fabulous. The kids all did great. It was so much fun being up on the stage watching the proud faces amongst all of the parents. I have the opportunity to teach the 11 year olds who are just a hoot! It is amazing how if you listen to them, they seem to listen to you. During the program, we sang the song I Am A Child Of God. The chorus goes:

Lead me, guide me, walk beside me
Help me find the way
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.
When these great kids were singing this song today, it made me realize that they are talking to us. Their parents and friends and teachers. They NEED us to help them to find the way back to our Father in Heaven. I just had this little insight. I also wanted to share the 3rd and 4th verses of this song that my cousin, Torel, sang at Trevee's burial. They just touch my heart:

I am a child of God
Rich blessings are in store
Celestial glory shall be mine
If I can but endure.

I am a child of God
And now I've gone back home
I'm not so very far away
So please don't feel alone.

I know that these are special little spirits that have been saved for this day. I love my kids both in heaven and here on Earth. I love the kids I have the opportunity to teach and I hope we can all try to lead and guide them in the right direction so they can return to our Heavenly Father.

5 comments:

Trevlyn said...

I was kind of bummed being stuck back in the sacrament prep room, not seeing Tessa's face for her first program, but you're right ~ to see the emotion of the audience was truly touching!

Thanks for sharing your sweet testimony about what a blessing it is to be entrusted with such magnificent spirits!

Brianne said...

that was beautiful verses. Wish I could have heard it today :)

john and brenda said...

I think I cried my make-up off during the program. I was so proud of Oaklee and Charlee that my shirt about popped it's buttons! Charlee was so reverent in spite of the boys poking her and untying her sash! Oaklee was so cute waving every time she caught an eye of somoeone she knew! The spirit was just beautiful.

The McLaws Family said...

Oh I love the Primary Program, I ball my head off! Thank you for your testimony, you are a special mother!

Nancy Page said...

You are a great mother! I love you!