Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A letter from Oaklee.

I got my tonsils out today!!!
Dad took off work to come with me and mom to the surgery center.


They had me put on this cute gown. Don't I look fabulous!!!


Mom thought I looked soooo funny from behind. I can't figure out why?????


Mrs. Lorene gave me a very soft teddy bear to take with me.
The doctor gave me a fun turtle. At first I thought it had 5 legs,
but dad said the fifth one was just his tail.


The nice nurse took me back and I waved to mom and dad.
Do you like my hat??


After I woke up, I was not so happy.
They had a "pokey" in my arm that hurt and a red light thing on my toe.
All I wanted was for my dad to hold me.
The doctor told mom and dad that he found this pretty RHINESTONE on my adenoid. I guess when I stuck that up my nose at sometime ago, it went pretty far. (Sooo Scary. If it would have went into her airway, it could have killed her!!). Mom and dad got to keep my souvenir. The blue one is the stone and the copper one is a penny.

Once we went to Walgreens and got my drugs, I got happy again.

The doctor said it was going to take about a week for me to feel better. Don't worry, I'll keep you all posted.

Love,

Oaklee

8 comments:

Allison Barry said...

Dear Oaklee-
you are just too dang cute for words. I love your lunch lady hat and your butt cheek hanging out of your undies. i'm glad the surgery went well. feel better soon!!!!

-Aunt Allison

Carla said...

My son had this done, as well as 3 ear surgeries. It is scary at the time as a mother, but it is worth it for their sakes! Good luck! -Carla

Lori said...

How scary...that was in her little body?! My friends sister had a popcorn kernal stuck up her nose...it is amazing what they get up there! I am glad she is o.k.

Becky said...

feel better soon Oaklee. :)

john and brenda said...

dear Oaklee,
Thank you for your letter about your tonsils. I loved seeing your pictures. Wow, I hope you won't put anything in your nose ever again, except your finger of course! I love you. See you soon.
GoGo

Mindy said...

I hope the penny wasn't up there too. ;) That is very scary! I'm glad everything went well and you can start sleeping better! Love you!

Adam and Anya said...

Glad to see you smiling! Hope you get better!

Nancy Page said...

We are thinking about you, Oaklee. And we are so glad that they got that rhinestone out. (Holy Cow, SCottee!!!!) We love you and are hoping that youfeel better soon.